Health Equity Advancement and Leadership
Scan the QR code to take the Asthma Participant Eligibility Screener
ADULTS WITH ASTHMA, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE
Are you over age 50 and ready to take better control of your asthma?
Join our free program:
• Learn how to better control your asthma
• Learn how to reduce exposure to asthma triggers by making your home healthier
• Receive free asthma & allergy friendly® CERTIFIED products (air cleaner, pillows, and more)
• Receive membership in a community of people like you
Am I eligible? Answer a few questions by taking our screener survey.
There are a several ways to take the eligibility screener:
• Scan the QR code above using the camera on your phone
• Call 314-687-1116
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit stloasis.org/screener
Classes begin soon so find out if you can participate! Class locations are determined after participants are selected and based upon proximity to participants’ community.
Asthma is a chronic disease that contrary to popular belief affects children and adults. Asthma is a disease of increased responsiveness of the airways to various stimuli, allergies, and irritants. This causes obstruction in the airways, constricting muscles which results in inflammation. It is not abnormal for asthma to be diagnosed in childhood, but symptoms reappear after age 40.
What triggers asthma as an adult?
• Individuals who had asthma as a child
• Obesity significantly increases the risk of having asthma as an adult
• 30% of adult asthma cases are triggered by allergies
• Different illnesses: viruses, infections, bad cold, or the flu
The Health Equity Advancement and Leadership [HEAL] program will reduce the burden of disease for adults living with asthma. This program is a local partnership between the Asthma and Allergy Foundation-St. Louis and the Oasis Institute. Workshops for this program are located in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, and East St. Louis. There are opportunities for both in person and virtual attendance.
If you have further questions or inquiries please contact: email@example.com.